very lightweight gui for win32 + python 3.4

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sun Sep 14 11:15:04 EDT 2014

Am 13.09.14 13:31, schrieb Thomas Heller:
> Am 13.09.2014 03:19, schrieb Grant Edwards:
>> On 2014-09-12, Thomas Heller <theller at ctypes.org> wrote:
>>> Am 12.09.2014 18:38, schrieb Chris Angelico:
>>>
>>> Does Tkinter really work well with cx_Freeze?  I doubt it (from my
>>> experiences with py2exe).
>>
>> I never had any problems with Tkinter and py2exe, but you do get
>> a considerably larger distribution than you do with wxWindows.
>>

> That was what I meant - sorry for being unclear.  Especially you
> cannot create single-file executables with py2exe, you get a directory
> full with the tcl/tk files.

  which is not the fault of Tcl, BTW - "starpack" technology is the Tcl
way to make a single-file executable containing Tcl, Tk, scripts and any
number of libraries. Unfortunately, no python interpreter can be
included so far. By bridging Tcl_FileSystem with Python's VFS, this
restriction could be overcome.

	Christian