pythonw.exe has stopped working

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Fri Sep 12 07:33:17 EDT 2014

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info>:

> rahuldbhagat at gmail.com wrote:
>> encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? some fix like
>> providing more memory or specifying some parameter when pythonw.exe
>> starts?
>
> Install more memory?
>
> It might help if you show us the code that crashes.

Reminds me of a Q&A column from my university's CS student newsletter in
the 80's. It went something like this:

   Q. I finally managed to save enough money to buy a home computer. I
      read the user manual and wrote my first BASIC program as follows:

         20 GOTO 20

      I started the program with the RUN command, and it has been
      running since. What do I do now?

      I am new to computers, so no tech jargon, please.

   A. You can't expect shorter latencies in a computer in this price
      range. What we suggest, at a bare minimum, is a RAM upgrade to at
      least 64 kilobytes. The CPU might need to be replaced with the
      recently released 8 MHz model as well. [...]

Marko