[OT?]cpython pull from hg

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Sep 6 06:06:11 EDT 2014

On 9/6/2014 4:42 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
> Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
>> The following doesn't make any sense to me as I've very limited
>> knowledge of Mercurial so can someone explain why it says "added 12
>> changesets with 26 changes to 22 files" but then "3 files updated, 0
>> files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved".  I'd expect to see
>> 22 files updated.  The output is cut and pasted directly from the
>> TortoiseHg Sync screen.
>
> I'm no expert either, but I would guess that the other modified files exist
> only in another branch.

The other files mostly, perhaps all,  exist in default but were only
modified for 2.7.  I just pulled and updated my separate working
directories for 2.7, 3.4, and 3.5. In particular, 32 files changed for
2.7, 4 for 3.4, and 8 for 3.5, 37 files total changed in some version.

This is a very unusual distribution.  I know that there was one patch
that modified about 10 test files to ignore valid py3 warnings when the
tests are run with py3 deprecation warnings turned on.  This is
something we just got around to doing on a regular basis.

--
Terry Jan Reedy