Storing instances using jsonpickle

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:20:07 EDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 3:04 AM, MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> JSON has 'true' and 'false'.
>
> Python has 'True' and 'False'.
>
> Therefore, if you want it to be able to drop it into Python's REPL, it
> won't be compatible with JSON anyway! (Well, not unless you define
> 'true' and 'false' first.)

This is a new spec, so I guess the question is whether it's primarily
"JSON with some more features" or "subset of Python syntax in the same
way that JSON is a subset of JS". If it's the former, then yes, it'd
use "true" and "false", and you'd have to define them; but if the
latter, the spec would simply use "True" and "False". But being able
to guarantee that JSON decodes correctly with this parser (ie make it
a guaranteed superset of JSON) would be of value.

ChrisA