Python is going to be hard

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 10:04:17 EDT 2014

On 04/09/2014 14:37, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> We often recommend using print as an easy and effective debugging tool. But
> we don't (well, I don't) recommend leaving those print statements in the
> code once the problem is debugged.

I've given up completely with print for debugging.  I start with the
logging module and change one line to effectively switch it off.
Admittedly that's easy for me as I'm only writing code for my own use,
I'm fairly sure that some of the bigger applications simply couldn't
take the performance hit.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence