I have tried and errored a reasonable amount of times

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Tue Sep 2 12:59:04 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:43:09 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards
<invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On 2014-08-30, Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
>> On 2014-08-30 14:27, Seymore4Head wrote:
>>> I really tried to get this without asking for help.
>>>
>>> mylist = ["The", "earth", "Revolves", "around", "Sun"]
>>> print (mylist)
>>> for e in mylist:
>>>
>>>  # one of these two choices should print something.  Since neither
>>> does, I am missing something subtle.
>>>
>>>     if e[0].isupper == False:
>>>         print ("False")
>>>     if e[0].isupper == True:
>>>         print ("True")
>>>
>>> I am sure in the first , third and fifth choices should be true.
>>> Right now, I am just testing the first letter of each word.
>>
>> There's a difference between e[0].isupper which refers to the method
>> itself, and e[0].isupper() which then calls that method.  Call the
>> method, and you should be good to go.
>
>I missed the beginning of the thread, but Why are you comparing things
>to True and False?
>
>What you should do is
>
>     if not e[0].isupper():
>        asdf()
>
>or
>
>     if e[0].isupper():
>        qwer()

I wasn't really comparing it to True.  I was trying to use it as a
line of code, but since it wasn't working I just tried that to test
it.

Since neither one was working, I knew something was wrong.
BTW I am very new to Python.

Thanks