Psycopg2 package installation puzzle in Pycharm - any thoughts?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:16:20 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM,  <andydtaylor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Posting style point taken. Google groups doesn't exactly help you with that.
>
> * You guys have probably been tinkering with this stuff for years. I haven't.
> * Your man on the street would say I described the error fairly well.
> * It's not like I wasn't trying my best to fix it myself
> * So far as environment tinkering is concerned I have entered a "launchctl setenv PATH" statement in two places. Both reversible.
> * I think what I have is an issue pertaining to OSX Mavericks and Pycharm. If you have nothing to add, just say it.
> * Statements like "Please equip yourself with a tool that provides us with some context" add nothing and are not exactly community inclusive.

Part of the point is that Google Groups is quite unhelpful in these
areas. There are alternatives - you can get a newsreader, or you can
join the mailing list. (I do the latter, and Gmail works fairly well.)

Sometimes, the community is best served by telling people about flawed
tools. It's more courteous than saying "You didn't quote any text, and
that's making it really hard for us to follow" and blaming you
personally for it :) But the fact is that it *does* make things harder
for other people, and the onus is on you to follow the conventions of
courtesy. That's why people are asking you to change software -
because good software makes it easy to be courteous.

ChrisA