problem with pefile

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Oct 31 17:36:43 EDT 2014

On 31Oct2014 06:12, Kiuhnm <gandalf23 at mail.com> wrote:
>On Friday, October 31, 2014 2:23:26 AM UTC+1, Cameron Simpson wrote:

>> >I don't want more spam.
>>
>> You just need to filter your email better.
>> Most of us do not hide our addresses.
>>
>> I manage to filter most of my spam by filing anything which gets past all my
>> rules that catch mailing lists and which do not come from addresses in my
>> "known" group into a probably-spam folder. It is surprisingly effective.
>>
>> Basicly:
>>    - to me (me in to/cc/bcc), from a "known" author ==> inbox
>>    - matches one of my mailing list rules ==> appropriate-folder
>>    - otherwise ==> probably-spam
>
>If it's *probably*-spam, you need to check it anyway, so that doesn't solve the problem. What happens if I miss an important email?

I review that folder ("unknown") every so often (a few times a day). But it
keeps most of the noise out of everything else. The "probably spam" effect is
one reason I don't discard things outright.

I also find it easier to review a single folder whose contents are almost
always spam than to constantly have little bits of spam floating by in my
normal mail folders.

If you want to pursue this discussions we should take it off-list to private
email; we're not talking about Python any more.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>