set environmental variable from python

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 14:19:46 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:00:33 -0500, Zachary Ware
> <zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com> declaimed the following:
> >From a Command Prompt, do 'help setx' for details on how to use setx.
>
>         Really? <G>
>
> C:\Users\Wulfraed\Documents>help setx
> This command is not supported by the help utility.  Try "setx /?".

Oops, should have tried it before posting.  It at least tells you how
to get what I meant to give, though ;)

>         OTOH: I didn't know about this command before -- and setting user level
> environment variables on Win7 wasn't working for me...

I came across it after becoming very frustrated with having to jump
through all the hoops to find the environment variable GUI at one
point.

--
Zach