Teaching Python

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Fri Oct 31 13:07:33 EDT 2014

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:44:01 -0400, Seymore4Head
<Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:18:31 +0200, Gabor Urban <urbangabo at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>my 11 years old son and his classmate told me, that they would like to
>>learn Python. They did some programming in Logo and turtle graphics, bat
>>not too much.
>>
>>Doesn anybody has an idea how to start?
>
>I ordered this book from the library a few weeks ago.  It just came in
>yesterday.
>Python for kids.  Jason R Briggs
>
>This was also a good page for starters.
>http://www.practicepython.org/

BTW I found that book online.
https://www.google.com/search?as_q=python+for+kids&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=pdf&as_rights=&gws_rd=ssl

I don't know how to post the link to the web page so I just posted the
search method I used to find it.

I wanted to review it again and I noticed something that was a little
humorous to me.  Installing Python on Ubuntu on page 9 and 10 (of the
book) shows that what ever kid is using this machine for Python is
also doing Multiplayer online poker.

Trying to parlay his/her lunch money would be my guess.