Has color "Green" changed from Python 33 to 34 ?

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Thu Oct 30 08:20:45 EDT 2014

ast wrote:

> I just updated this morning my Python from a 3.3rc to 3.4
> (Windows) and I noticed that the 'Green' color in tkinter
> GUI is not the same at all.
>
> 'Green' in 3.4 is very dark. I had to replace it with 'Lime' to
> get back a nice 'Green'.

More likely the color is defined by tcl/tk rather than Python, and your
Python installations use different versions of tcl. Searching for 'tcl/tk
color definitions' finds <http://wiki.tcl.tk/1424> with the following
statement

"""From Tcl/Tk 8.6 on, Tk uses Web colours instead of X11 ones, where they
conflict.
"""

and according to
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X11_color_names#Clashes_between_web_and_X11_colors>
"green" is indeed one of the affected colors.