optional types

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Oct 30 00:16:30 EDT 2014

On 10/29/2014 4:40 PM, Kiuhnm wrote:

> The only thing I know is that I programmed in ASM and C++ for many
> years and I liked it. Then I moved to C#, Haskell, Scala, and many
> other languages. Then I learned Python and I liked it. Then I tried
> Dart (with optional static typing) and liked it very much. Finally,
> I've come back to Python and I don't like it anymore like I used to.
> Dart's syntax is not on par with Python's but its type system is so
> lightweight and non intrusive that it's a joy to work with it and I
> miss it.

Then propose on python-ideas, probably best after posting more here,
that Dart be used as a model for Python.  But include a summary or
example of what it is and why you like it and how you think its system
might be adapted to Python.  Would it be based on the current
annotations, for instance?

--
Terry Jan Reedy