Python Style Question

Anton anton.schattenfeld at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:23:26 EDT 2014

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:59:25 AM UTC-7, Rafael Romero Carmona wrote:
> Actually it doesn't work because there is no add function and it
> doesn't catch the TypeError function to ignore other exceptions than
> ValueError. Doesn't it? I tested in Python 2.7.6 and 3.4.
Originally I was using set instead of list. So it should have been either values = set() or values.append(), but it is not relevant to the question.
Regarding TypeError, I don't catch it on purpose, because I want this type of Exception to bubble up and surface as an error and be logged, because this should never be the case. I expect an element to be either something coercible to int or a string. If for some reason it is an object, then there is something wrong one layer up, so I want it to fail explicitly.