optional types

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:25:00 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 4:18 AM, Kiuhnm <gandalf23 at mail.com> wrote:
>> Personally I am skeptical, but there is an effort underway:
>>
>> http://www.mypy-lang.org/
>> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2014-August/028742.html
>>
>> Nothing that your search engine of choice could not have found you...
>
> In fact, I did find it, but that didn't stop me from asking :)
>
> You can find something similar for almost any dynamic language out there.
> If it isn't an official feature of the language, it's useless, IMHO.

As you'll see from the python-ideas thread, there's a proposal
under-way to *make* this an official feature. However, it's massively
open to bikeshedding :) If you feel strongly about this, come join us
on python-ideas and weigh in; all input will be warmly received, and
that doesn't mean we respond with flames... not usually, anyway!

ChrisA