Anyone know the solution

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Oct 28 20:53:46 EDT 2014

On 28Oct2014 09:07, ngangsia akumbo <ngangsia at gmail.com> wrote:
>This is a sample code on how to read data from a file
>
>files1 {}
>
>result = open("file1.txt")
>for line in result:
>    file1 = line>split()
>files1.append(file1)
>result.close()
>file1.sort()
>file1.reverse()
>
>print('THE FILE INFO')
>
>print(file1(0)
>print(file1(1)

Do you have a specific question to accompany this?

The code above is syntactly invalid, so it will not run.

The line:

   files1 {}

is invalid, but looks like it is intended to initialise files1 as a dictionary.
However, the rest of the program seems to use it as though it were a list.

The line:

   file1 = line>split()

should probably be written:

   file1 = line.split()

With ">" it is legal (as it performs a comparison) but will fail because
there's no bare "split()" function, and anyway is probably not as intended.

Your final print statements need an extra closing parenthesis each.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

I fit in my suit, my suit fits in my suitcase, hence i fit in my suitcase.
         - Cees Keyer <cees at htsa.hva.nl>