(test) ? a:b

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 24 16:58:13 EDT 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:20:30 -0700, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Steven D'Aprano
>> I don't get why that's considered hard to read.
>
>> So why is it hard to read when the index is a flag?
>>
>> value = [f, g][cond]()
>
> It's clear to you, it's clear to me, but is it clear to everyone?  I
> very much doubt it.

I had to mentally step through this before it became apparent what it was
doing,  can see places where it could be usefull (a switch replacement)
but it is not instantly obvious

is instantly obvious (at least to a native English speaker anyway)

--
"Humor is a drug which it's the fashion to abuse."
		-- William Gilbert