I am out of trial and error again Lists

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Fri Oct 24 11:04:31 EDT 2014

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 01:51:41 +1100, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Seymore4Head
><Seymore4Head at hotmail.invalid> wrote:
>> I tried list(range(10)  I thought that would work in Python 3.  It
>> didn't.
>
>This is your problem: You say "it didn't work". That is almost *never*
>the right thing to say or to think. What happened when you tried that?
>Did you get a SyntaxError because of the omitted close parenthesis?
>Did the interpreter prompt for more input? Did a velociraptor come out
>of nowhere and try to kill you [1]?

I understand that it makes it easier for you if I can describe better
the error I get, but by the time I ask for help here I have tried many
different things to get the error to go away.

I will try in the future to do better at this.  For now, I am just
putting that exercise behind me.  I do try to find out how to do
things before asking first.

I tried so many things last night, I had to go back to an old message
to get code that worked again.

Thanks