I am out of trial and error again Lists

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:55:35 EDT 2014

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:04:56 -0400, Seymore4Head wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:15:16 +0000 (UTC), Denis McMahon
> <denismfmcmahon at gmail.com> wrote:

>>Try the following 3 commands at the console:

You obviously didn't, so I'll try again. Try each of the following three
commands in the python console at the ">>>" prompt.

1) 10
2) range(10)
3) str(range(10))

Show *and* describe the output in each case. Describing the output that
you see is actually the key here, as it will allow us to assess whether
you understand what you are actually seeing or not, and if you don't
understand the output you see in the console, then we need to fix that
very fundamental and basic issue before moving on to more complex stuff!

> Ok Thanks

You were expected to answer the question in the original. I have now set
it as a clearer and more specific task.

If you're not going to do these things that are intended to help you
learn some of the basic features of the language, then I and everyone
else here that has so far been attempting to help you are wasting our
time.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com