The “trials” in “trial and error” should be as simple as possible (was: I am out of trial and error again Lists)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 22 19:59:39 EDT 2014

Seymore4Head <Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid> writes:

> Those string errors were desperate attempts to fix the "append" error
> I didn't understand.

It's normal when learning to get one's code into a mess.

But, when trying to trouble-shoot, please adopt the habit of
*simplifying* the examples, to better understand them.

At the least, when presenting code here for asking questions, ensure
you've make a simple-as-possible example showing the problem.

In other words: rip out any complicated parts to see if they're
relevant; if the same problem happens, that part wasn't relevant to the
example, and you should omit it when presenting it here.

You'll find that this will get you more sensible answers, As a bonus, it
will often lead to you understanding the problem enough to solve it!

--
 \      “At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free |
  `\          and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill |