non-gobject based dbus library?

Tycho Andersen tycho at tycho.ws
Fri Oct 17 09:37:07 EDT 2014

Hi all,

An application I maintain recently moved away from the gobject event
loop to the tulip/trollius/asyncio event loop. However, we were using
python-dbus, which internally uses the gobject event loop, as our main
event loop. This worked nicely when we were gobject based, but now
that we're not, I'm trying to find alternatives to python-dbus so that
we can re-implement the dbus-based functionality.

I tried gbulb: https://bitbucket.org/a_ba/gbulb but it seems mostly
abandoned, and I had to hack on it to even get our application to
boot, and some things didn't work correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

(Please keep me in CC, I'm not subscribed.)

Thanks!

Tycho