Question About Running Python code

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 15 20:42:54 EDT 2014

On 15Oct2014 16:09, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM, ryguy7272 <ryanshuell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> #1)  That's very bizarre to mix single quotes and double quotes in a single
>>      language.  Does Python actually mix single quotes and double quotes?
>
>I'm not sure what you mean by "mix".  C uses single quotes and double
>quotes, right?

Yes, but it uses single quotes for characters (a single byte integer type) and
double quotes for strings. Python doesn't really have a single character type,
and lets the user use either quote mark as they see fit. Ryan finds this
unfamiliar.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

BTW, don't bother flaming me. I can't read.
         - afdenis at lims03.lerc.nasa.gov (Stephen Dennison)