Is there an easy way to control indents in Python

ryguy7272 ryanshuell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 22:13:41 EDT 2014

I'm just learning Python.  It seems like indents are EXTREMELY important.  I guess, since there are no brackets, everything is controlled by indents.  Well, I'm reading a couple books on Python now, and in almost all of the examples they don't have proper indents, so when I copy/paste the code (from the PDF to the IDE) the indents are totally screwed up.  I'm thinking that there should be some control, or setting, for this.  I hope.  :)

I have PyCharm 3.4 and Python 3.4.