Jython or Pyton issue-- Kindly Help me....

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Tue Oct 14 06:43:51 EDT 2014

Venugopal Reddy wrote:

> Ok, I will explain my problem in details :
>
> I have below XML:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <data>
>     <country name="Liechtenstein">
>         <rank>1</rank>
>         <year>2008</year>
>         <year>2009></year>
>         <gdppc>141100</gdppc>
>         <neighbor name="Austria" direction="E"/>
>         <neighbor name="Switzerland" direction="W"/>
>     </country>
>     <country name="Singapore">
>         <rank>4</rank>
>         <year>2011</year>
>         <gdppc>59900</gdppc>
>         <neighbor name="Malaysia" direction="N"/>
>     </country>
>     <country name="Panama">
>         <rank>68</rank>
>         <year>2011</year>
>         <gdppc>13600</gdppc>
>         <neighbor name="Costa Rica" direction="W"/>
>         <neighbor name="Colombia" direction="E"/>
>     </country>
> </data>
>

> From I want output below format:
>
> Countryname    Rank    Year    gdppc
> Liechtenstein   1      2008    141100
> Singapore       4      2011    59900
> Panama          68     2011    13600
>
> Please help how to do it..

Read up on elementtree:

http://pymotw.com/2/xml/etree/ElementTree/parse.html

You can load the data from the file with parse(), get the countries with
findall(), the name with country_node.attrib["name"], and rank, year and
gdppc with country_node.find("rank").text etc.

If you run into problems come back with some code of yours.