Code Review for Paper, Rock, Scissors

Glenn Hutchings zondo42 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 04:39:46 EDT 2014

Hi there!   Welcome to Python.

On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 09:04:51 UTC+1, Revenant  wrote:
> I am new to Python and would also like to see if any of you programming
> gurus have some suggestions about how I can simplify code, and also if
> there are any other good starter programs to work on to improve my
> skills.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of helpful advice here.  Here's a start: you have
a lot of places where you're comparing variables to the capitalized and
lower-case versions of the same string.  You could halve that number if you
converted your input to lowercase first.  For example:

    if menuselection == 'play' or menuselection == 'Play':

changes to:

    if menuselection.lower() == 'play':

There are plenty of other string methods you might find useful.