scipy errors and gfortran

slyost at ilstu.edu slyost at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 13 14:13:23 EDT 2014

Trying to get scipy 0.14 running on python 3.4.1 on SLES 11 SP2 LINUX system.
Scipy seemed to compile fine using the command "python setup.py install" but when I try the scipy.test("full"), I get errors regarding gfortran.  I am using GCC(gfortran) version 4.9.1.

The error states that /usr/lib/libgfortran.so.3: version 'gfortran_1.4' was not found (required by....).  Google tells me that this is the name of the symbol node whatever that means.

What do I need to do to fix these errors?  Please help.