problem with pytz

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 23:15:35 EDT 2014

On 13/10/2014 03:55, ryguy7272 wrote:
> I just tried running the code from here.
> http://www.thealgoengineer.com/2014/download_sp500_data/
>
> I got this error.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "C:/Python27/stock_data.py", line 4, in <module>

Please don't put your code here, what happens when you upgrade your
Python version?

>      import pytz
> ImportError: No module named pytz
>
> So, I got here and download the files.
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytz/#downloads
>
> I run this:
> python setup.py install
>
> I get this error.
> python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>
> I tried this:
> easy_install --upgrade pytz
>

> Now, that seems like it downloaded and installed.  So, I re-run the program, and I get the same error I had initially.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "C:/Python27/stock_data.py", line 4, in <module>
>      import pytz
> ImportError: No module named pytz
>

> I don't get it.  I go to the path 'C:\Python27\pytz' and the folder is right there!  It's right there!  It's a little frustrating because all my problems seem to be exactly the same, which is running scripts that should run easily...bu nothing actually runs.  What else do I need to do to make this thing work?

It should be in c:\python27\lib\site-packages.  It's also far easier to
use pip to install code.  It's already available as an option with 3.4
and I think will be automatically included with 3.5

Finally it looks as if you're using googlegroups.  If that is the case
would you please read and action this
https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython to prevent us seeing
double line spacing and single line paragraphs.  Better yet access this
list via https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list, thanks.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence