Python and sqlite versions

Simmo steve at bellissimmo.com
Fri Oct 10 14:13:53 EDT 2014

First off, this is my first attempt to post via Thunderbird newsgroup,
so apologies (and please let me know) if it doesn't arrive in good shape.

I'm just starting to get to grips with using a database (sqlite) and
I've run into some confusion as to how Python 'ties in' to sqlite.

First step in the tutorial is to import sqlite3 and display
sqlite3.version and sqlite3.sqlite_version.  Output below...

 >>> sqlite3.version
'2.6.0'
 >>> sqlite3.sqlite_version
'3.7.12'

Next step is to run up sqlite.  Output below...

SQLite version 3.8.6 2014-08-15 11:46:33
Enter ".help" for usage hints.

So, I have a disparity between installed sqlite and the Python sqlite
library.  Do I need to find a 3.7.12 version of sqlite and , if so,
where might I find it or can I change the Python library for the later
version?

Steve