how to add custom importer after the normal imports

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 07:46:48 EDT 2014

On 10/09/2014 04:14 PM, Ian Kelly wrote:

>> I have a use case where I would like to add a custom importer *AFTER* all other import methods have failed.
>
> On Oct 9, 2014 6:53 AM, "Gelonida N" <gelonida at gmail.com
> <mailto:gelonida at gmail.com>> wrote:
>  > I'm using Puthon 2.7 for the given project and there sys.meta_path is [].
>  >
>  > Just for fun I started Python3.3 and looked at it's meta_path, which
> contained for example _frozen_importlib.PathFinder
>  >
>  > Unfortunately python 2.7 does not seem to have the package
> _frozen_importlib
>  >
>  > So now the question seems to boil down to looking for the 2.7
> equivalent of python 3.3's _frozen_importlib.PathFinder
>
> There is no equivalent. Prior to 3.3 that code was buried deeply in the
> interpreter and not available to scripts. The reason for the change was
> to expose more of the import machinery for exactly this kind of
> manipulation.

Thanks for your answer. That's a pity.

So the only option I had is to write another custom importer, that
mimics as much functionality of the default importer as is necessary so
that I can insert it before the otjer custom importers.
In my current case this would be to import '.py' files from the current
working directory.

Will try to find some docs.