[OT] spelling colour / color was Re: Toggle

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Thu Oct 9 16:48:36 EDT 2014

Tim Delaney <timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com>:

> It's very annoying to have some methods use "z" and others "s" in the
> same package.

"-ize" is standard everywhere in the English-speaking world.

Americans insist on "analyze," "paralyze" and "catalyze" but
paradoxically also on "lyse".

> So since I'm currently working for a US company I have to consciously
> remind myself to use their abominations ;)

I will use American English instead of my native Finnish in my code so
why wouldn't you use American English instead of your native variant of
English?

It'll also make you get a remote sense of the pain the French are
feeling.

If it's any consolation, even the Atlanta-based CNN makes their anchors
speak standard Hollywoodese.

Marko