trying idle

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Oct 9 16:49:11 EDT 2014

On 10/9/2014 9:12 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:
> On Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:56:56 PM UTC+5:30, Terry Reedy wrote:
>> On 10/9/2014 2:52 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:
>>> My audience consists of people having linux and windows and macbooks.
>>> Does Idle run on all these?
>
>> If macbook runs OSX, and the linux has recent tcl/tk installed, the
>> answer should be Yes
>
> I get this traceback on closing idle. Otherwise seems to be working.
[snip]
> _tkinter.TclError: can't invoke "bind" command: application has been destroyed

Are you running 3.4.0? This was a 3.4 regression that was only reported
to occur if one opened Idle with a editor window and closed without ever
running it.  This was fixed in
http://bugs.python.org/issue20167
but I believe too late for 3.4.0.  If you see this with 3.4.2 (strongly
recommended, especially forthcoming OSX) or even 3.4.1, please add a
note to the issue with exact details -- how start, what do, how close.

--
Terry Jan Reedy