CLI framework using python

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 12:00:57 EDT 2014

On 10/09/2014 05:25 PM, Unix SA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Go for Optparse.. Look at below docs on how to use it.
>
> http://pymotw.com/2/optparse/

For newer projects I'd suggest argparse (part of Python since 2.7 and
can be downloaded / installed for 2.5 / 2.6).

https://docs.python.org/2.7/library/argparse.html

argparse is very powerfull. you might be interested in looking at
subparsers.

For calling commands in a slightly nicer way than os.system /
sybprocess.Popen you might look at sh or plumbum

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sh

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/plumbum