Toggle

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 01:39:21 EDT 2014

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:26:41 AM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> > Color.Red
> > # Not sure what to make of that distinction...

> That's because the interactive interpreter displays the repr() of objects
> (except for None, which it suppresses), while print outputs the str() of
> them.

Yeah...

What I meant to wonder upon was: "Is this behavior what the pro-print or the
anti-print folks like?"

In any case that the P in REPL is not *exactly* the same as print
(or equivalently the distinction between str and repr) makes for some
intricate noob confusions.

BTW is there some flag that can make them identical?