Practice question

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:14:28 EDT 2014

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:19:39 AM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> I have fewer issues with your conclusion and analogy than I do with the
> basic premise that there is a connection between Seymore's problem here
> and the use, or non-use, of print in the interactive interpreter. I don't
> see how replacing interactive use and/or the use of print with functions
> containing return statements would help Seymore.

The issue is not only that print is bad but that the interpreter is
good for learning and trying out.

Are these two really unconnected. Lets see... One can

- use print without the interpreter
- use the interpreter without print
- use both

But can one use neither? [Assuming telepathy/ESP etc is disallowed]

So pushing beginners away from print can push them up the learning
curve more quickly