how to add custom importer after the normal imports

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 06:53:41 EDT 2014

Hi,

I just read about sys.meta_path, which allows to install custom
importers *BEFORE* the default importers.

However I have a use case where I would like to add a custom importer
*AFTER* all other import methods have failed.

Does anybody know how to do this.

One way of implementing this would be to add the default importer as
first entry in sys.meta_path. My only problem is, that I don't know how
to create a 'default-importer', such that I can add it into sys.meta_path

Thanks in advance for any suggestions