Perl Template Toolkit: Now in spicy new Python flavor

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 22:09:19 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM,  <joshua.higgins.pcv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, is anyone else having trouble opening the README.txt?
>
> On Monday, January 14, 2008 6:00:52 PM UTC-5, eef... at gmail.com wrote:
>> I'd like to inform the Python community that the powerful and popular
>> Template Toolkit system, previously available only in its original
>> Perl implementation, is now also available in a beta Python
>> implementation:
>>
>> http://tt2.org/python/index.html
>>
>> I created this port both as a fun programming project, and for use in
>> environments where  Perl is not available, for reasons technical,
>> cultural, or otherwise.  The extensive Perl test suites have also been
>> ported, and most templates require no or very little modification.
>>
>> Discussion of the Python implementation should be conducted on the
>> main Template Toolkit developer mailing list; see the site above for
>> details.

You're top-posting from Google Groups in response to a six-year-old
post. At least you provided us with some context. But you're looking
at something pretty ancient, so a more appropriate response would be
to first search the web to see if the URL's changed, and if you're
still having trouble, to ask (as a brand new thread) something like "I
found this from six years ago, does anyone know if it's still
active?". We here on comp.lang.python / python-list don't have the
power to help you; you need the original author, whose contact details
can probably be found by poking around on the web site you quoted the
link to.

ChrisA