Representing mathematical equations

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Mon Oct 6 13:24:58 EDT 2014

varun7rs at gmail.com Wrote in message:
> On Monday, 6 October 2014 15:03:44 UTC+2, varu... at gmail.com  wrote:

(Deleted all the 8-space quoting. Either use a better email client
 or remove the extra 7 lines between every line you
 quote.)

>> Okay, I forgot to explain them. L is a set of links, dist is a number (distance), bd is the bandwidth and hc is a number as well (hopcount)...different bandwidths, hopcounts and distances for different links...
>>
>> b(i,x) is what i intend to calculate out of these details...here 'i' could be the head or tail of the link l and x is a node that hosts i

> Unbelievable. I again forgot to express them
>
> L  = [(1,3), (5,7), .....]
> bd = [23, 34,43.44.....]
> dist = [3,7,5,7, ....]
> hc = [2,3,4,1,2,2,...]
> for every l belonging to L, i could be either 1 or 3 for L[0], similarly for L[1] it could be 5 or 7

Now it's clear I don't have a clue. L is either a set or a list.
 Little l is an element of that set, and is either a tuple or is
 mysteriously subscripted by a boolean at the other end of the
 expression. ..

--
DaveA