Practice question

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 12:23:54 EDT 2014

On Monday, October 6, 2014 6:34:27 PM UTC+5:30, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Rustom Mody  wrote:
> > Sorry Seymore if this sounds condescending -- its not a complaint
> > against you but against those who treat the print statement/expression as
> > kosher for newbies.

> So if you're not griping about Seymore's original post, are you
> griping about my response? It was the one you quoted.

It so happened you were the person to note that here was a question(er)
needing instruction about using the interpreter. Nothing wrong with the
answer (or the question). Something wrong with the point at which it emerges.

> And what's with the comparison between use of the print statement
> and driving on the wrong side of the road?

Consider the sequence:

1. Drives on the wrong side of the road
2. Has no clue that there's such a concept as 'wrong side of road'
3. Teaches people to drive without conveying anything about 'wrong side of road'

Hopefully you will agree that 1 < 2 < 3??

My gripe is with 3