Representing mathematical equations

varun7rs at gmail.com varun7rs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 09:03:29 EDT 2014

On Monday, 6 October 2014 13:14:04 UTC+2, varu... at gmail.com  wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am working on a mathematical equation which I'm finding really hard to express in python. Could any of you spare some time to help me out?
>

> The equation looks like this
>

> b(i,x) = [Σ(l∈L) [bd(l) * dist(l) * hc(l)]]  / Σ(l∈L) l
>

> I have a problem in representing the above equation. I don't know how to use teh loops over here to express b(i,x)
>

> i,x,l are sets with different numbers
>

> Thank You
>
> I'm sorry if the equation is not expressed in a standard form. I don't have LateX

Okay, I forgot to explain them. L is a set of links, dist is a number (distance), bd is the bandwidth and hc is a number as well (hopcount)...different bandwidths, hopcounts and distances for different links...
b(i,x) is what i intend to calculate out of these details...here 'i' could be the head or tail of the link l and x is a node that hosts i

Thank You