How to show a dictionary sorted on a value within its data?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Thu Oct 2 05:40:33 EDT 2014

Travis Griggs <travisgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 1, 2014, at 04:12, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> >
> > `lambda` is just a fancy way to define a function inline
>
> Not sure "fancy" is the correct adjective; more like syntactic tartness
> (a less sweet version of syntactic sugar).

It throws me because 'lambda' simply has no meaning whatsoever for me,
i.e. it's just a greek letter.

So from my point of view it's like seeing 'epsilon' stuck in the
middle of some code.

It's not as if I'm new to programming either, I've been writing
software professionally since the early 1970s, now retired.  I have no
formal computer training, there wasn't much in the way of university
courses on computing in the 1960s, I have a degree in Electrical
Engineering.  Maybe that's why 'lambda' means nothing to me!  :-)

--
Chris Green
·