Python code in presentations

Glenn Hutchings zondo42 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 03:15:52 EDT 2014

On Tuesday, 30 September 2014 12:51:00 UTC+1, Jean-Michel Pichavant  wrote:
> I'm currently writing a presentation to help my co-workers ramp up on new features of our tool (written in python (2.7)).
>
> I have some difficulties presenting code in an efficient way (with some basic syntax highlights). I need to be catchy about the code I'm presenting otherwise the presentation will fail and I would be better saying to my co-workers "RTFM", cause there is a manual.

A good option is to use reStructuredText and the rst2s5 converter (http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/slide-shows.html).  It can do syntax highlighting of python, and produces a slide show you display in a browser.  An example of what you can produce is at http://farmdev.com/talks/unicode.

Glenn