Can you use self in __str__

Shiyao Ma i at introo.me
Fri Nov 28 22:16:55 EST 2014

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Shiyao Ma <i at introo.me> wrote:
>> What if it's in the local namespace of a function or method? IDK, try
>> to get that thing first.

Sure enough. I will even avoid using "id" as it's dependent on CPython
implementation. :)

> What if it's in multiple namespaces? What if it's not in any at all?
> Your solution is not going to work in the general case, AND it's a bad
> idea.
> Please don't do this in any code that I'll ever have to
> maintain.
No way. You will never get my project code in such a form. I am way
more peculiar about readability and robustness than most of my other
ppl.
The point is, the bpate is just for demonstration to show there is a
*possible* way to find the name even you didn't specify it at first
hand.

--

吾輩は猫である。ホームーページはhttp://introo.me。