localization virt-manager

Akira Li 4kir4.1i at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 08:41:00 EST 2014

Беляев Игорь <belyaevigorek at yandex.ru> writes:

> I can't install localization for Virt-manager (virt-manager launched on python2.7 (Windows XP)).

virt-manager is a GUI for KVM, Xen, LXC virtual machines. It is a Linux
application.

> How do I correctly install location?

Do you mean *locale*?

> How can I change the value of the environment variable LANG?

On Windows, you could use *setx* command to set an environment variable.

LANG envvar defines a default value for LC_* envvars on POSIX systems [1]
that define application's locale (after setlocale() call) e.g., in bash:

  $ LANG=en_US.UTF-8 some-program

I don't know whether LANG has any meaning on Windows.

[1] http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xbd/envvar.html

--
Akira