Fwd: Python Signal/Slot + QThred code analysis

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 19:54:41 EST 2014

On 11/27/2014 04:29 PM, Juan Christian wrote:
> Is that right? But I don't think that always calling the site this way is
> good for them and for me, sometimes I may not get new users for like 10~15
> minutes, so I would have wasted a lot of calls for nothing. That's why I
> only instantiate/call the site when I get new users.

So the real problem with instantiating a worker thread for every request
is that you have to hold onto a reference to the worker long enough for
the work to be done.  Your original code was not doing this, so had it
worked, the thread would have been aborted before it even started its
work, as soon as the worker instance went out of scope.