Where is path.py?

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EMEA.NEC.COM
Thu Nov 27 10:30:11 EST 2014

> The syntax:

>    from <module> import <name>

> will import the name <name> from the module <module>, so:

>     from path import path

> will import the name 'path' (a class) from the module 'path'.

Thanks.  But I don't quite understand.  If I use sys:

import sys

args = sys.argv[1:]

I don't need to use 'from'.  What is different with using path?

>> Perhaps I just need to know where path.py is as I can't find it in my
>> filesystem.

>Try:

>import path
>print path.__file__

c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\path.py-7.0-py2.7.egg\path.pyc

Where would I typically put that path in an IDE?

Thanks for your help.

David