bug or feature in enum34 py2.7 backport?

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Wed Nov 26 10:14:00 EST 2014

I only mentioned it since I noticed it. I actually use Python 3 so it isn't a problem for me, but sometimes I have to teach Python 2.7 and I wanted to cover enum because it is so much nicer and easier to debug than FOO = 1 etc.

However, the problem is that enum's function API doesn't play nicely with unicode literals. One solution is to use the class API instead:

from __future__ import print_function
from __future__ import unicode_literals
import enum
print(enum.version)