GUI toolkit(s) status

Dave Cook davecook at nowhere.net
Wed Nov 26 04:40:56 EST 2014

On 2014-11-22, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't speak for wxWidgets, but when I last looked at it years ago it
> fairly reeked of MFC-style GUI programming with event tables instead of
> a nice, flexible signal/callback interface.  Has this changed?

In Python?  I've been using wxpython for 6 or 7 years, and it's always
used callbacks in Python.  The API is not as polished or extensive as
Qt, but it's still very capable.  I think it's easier to write custom
widgets in wxpython because there are so many examples to follow.

Recently I decided to use PyQt for a project that was required to run
on win32 and OS X, and for some reason my layout, wich was fine under
win32, was screwed up on OS X.  I switched back to wxpython 3.0, which
looks very good under OS X.

Dave Cook