Quotation Ugliness

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 20:32:36 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Tim Daneliuk <tundra at tundraware.com> wrote:
>> And what should happen with mismatched quotes?
>>
>>    do("th/*is", "and", "th*/at")
>

> Match pairs as usual, and let the remaining unterminated quote run on.

Wait, what? Where's an unterminated quote? I can imagine two ways of
reading this: one the way most programming languages would interpret
it (the /* and */ are both simply part of their respective strings,
and have no significance), and the "anything nests in anything" way,
in which the quotation marks inside /* */ are effectively inverted;
neither of those leaves an unterminated quote.

ChrisA