A good Soap Client

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Nov 24 18:58:02 EST 2014

On 24Nov2014 10:46, Filadelfo Fiamma <philosganga at gmail.com> wrote:
>My question is about Soap Client for python.
>Since 2011 I'm using the very good "Suds" library for consuming simple soap
>service.
>Now I need something for "SOAP over HTTPS", Does anyone know a good
>solution? May I use suds and write an envelope for HTTPS?

I wrote a daemon that uses SUDS. It just gets the endpoint URL from the WSDL
file, and if that happens to be HTTPS, it uses HTTPS. I didn't have to do
anything special for this. I did have to do some hacking to run HTTPS through a
proxy, but that was more a urllib issue than a SUDS issue and hopefully
irrelevant for you.

In short, it should Just Work.

Have you got some example code that illustrates it not working?

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Knox's box is a 286.                 Fox in Socks does hacks and tricks
Knox's box is hard to fix.           To fix poor Knox's box for kicks.
        - David Mar <mar at physics.su.oz.au>,
          as quoted by John Mackin <john at civil.su.oz.au>