Embedded python 'scripting engine' inside Python app

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 05:35:52 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Patrick Stinson <patrickkidd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your great reply. I even augmented the reloading with the same
> dict by clearing all of the non-standard symbols from the dict. This
> effectively resets the dict:

You may as well start with an empty dict and then pick up the few
things you want, I think.

> Is there a better and more secure way to do the python-within-python in
> order allow users to automate your app?

More secure? Basically no. You could push the inner script into a
separate process, but I would recommend simply acknowledging the
insecurity. Embrace the lack of security and call it a debugging
feature - make it possible to introspect, control, manipulate internal
structures. Feature, not flaw. :)

ChrisA