Challenge: optimizing isqrt

Stephen Tucker stephen_tucker at sil.org
Fri Nov 21 03:15:57 EST 2014

Serhiy,

This looks very good indeed. As a matter of interest, is there any
particular reason you have used 2*b instead of b+b? Might b+b be faster
than b*2?

Also, in various lines, you use //2. Would >>1 be quicker? On reflection,
perhaps you have had to use //2 because >>1 cannot be used in those
situations.

Stephen Tucker.